We regularly update our policies and procedures in accordance with CDC and local health department guidelines. As of August 28, 2022, the following procedures are in place:
- Our therapists have the option of removing their mask if both the therapist and family are comfortable with this decision. We encourage you to discuss your preferences with your therapist. If you would prefer your child’s therapist to continue to mask, they will happily do so. Additionally, some therapists may continue to mask based on their own preferences and circumstances. Clear masks are available upon request.
- Masks for children and families are optional at this time.
- Children who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to stay home. Symptoms include:
- New or uncontrolled cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose outside of baseline (ie. allergies)
- New severe headache
- New Loss of taste or smell
- Fever 100.0F or greater
- Children who have had close contact with a known case of COVID-19 will be asked to wear a mask for 10 days following exposure.
- Children who test positive for COVID-19 can return to the clinic after 5 days if they have been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, and symptoms have improved for the past 72 hours. Children should wear a mask for 5 days after ending isolation.
- We will continue with frequent hand washing, sanitizing of toys and equipment, and air purification procedures.
- We will continue to offer teletherapy services for all patients. Please check with your insurance provider to determine telehealth coverage. If you are already participating in teletherapy, we encourage you to continue with this. If you are interested in switching to teletherapy, please ask our front desk.
- If your child must quarantine or isolate but is well enough to participate, we encourage you to utilize teletherapy temporarily in order to maintain continuity of care during the quarantine/isolation period.
Thank you for trusting us to provide services to your child in a way that ensures the health and safety for all. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 512-388-8904.
2,488 total views, 1 views today